Juvenile Crime Defense Lawyers for Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita Valley Courts

Visit our Main Office at:
14401 Sylvan St
Suite 112
Van Nuys, CA 91401
Click here for Directions

or visit our other offices in:
Long Beach

Contributing Author, Grand Jury Investigations, Calfornia Criminal Law and Procedure Manual (Continuing Education of the Bar, 2004-Present)

california criminal law: procedure and practice


Once a juvenile petition is sustained, and a minor is sentenced for a felony, misdemeanor, or DUI offense in any of the Los Angeles County Juvenile Courts, he or she may have an arrest and petition record forever. While juvenile records are supposed to be private, our defense lawyers counsel client and their families on Sealing Juvenile Record. A mark on a minor's record can have many adverse effects on college applications, employment opportunities, immigration consequences, inability to receive loans, and even professional licensing.

One of the benefits of juvenile court is that five years or more after juvenile court jurisdiction has terminated or any time after the minor has reached the age of 18, an attorney representing the minor can request that his or her records be sealed pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code 781. In order to be eligible to seal one's records, the attorneys representing the individual must be able to show that he or she has been rehabilitated. This means that the individual must not have had any recent contact with the police nor participated in any further criminal activity. Even where certain offenses are not sealable at all because of some recent changes in the law, our lawyers do everything possible to file a Motion to Seal Juvenile Records with the local court to accomplish this objective.

Contact our juvenile criminal defense attorneys at Kestenbaum, Eisner & Gorin, LLP, at (877) 781-1570. Our knowledgeable legal team can evaluate your case issues and advise you of your legal options before you go to court. There are many significant benefits to sealing your juvenile records. Our lawyers strive to seal records, so that the minor will be authorized by law to say that he or she has never been convicted.